Central Highlands Interim Planning Scheme 2015
The Central Highlands Interim Planning Scheme 2015 sets out the land use requirements for all use and development within the Central Highlands Municipality. A copy of the Planning Scheme can be viewed on the Iplan Website below.
Central Highlands Draft Local Provisions Schedule (LPS)
On 7 February 2020, Central Highlands Council submitted the Central Highlands draft LPS to the Commission. The Commission will consider the draft LPS against the LPS criteria.
Post Lodgement Conference
The Tasmanian Planning Commission and Central Highlands Council have held two non-statutory post lodgement conferences. The post lodgement conference agendas below set out the matters discussed:
The Central Highlands Draft Local Provisions Schedule (LPS) is now on public exhibition for 60 days. Any person may lodge a representation on the LPS from the 23rd August 2021 until the close of business on 22 October 2021.
The relevant exhibition documents are available for viewing during normal business hours at the:
• Bothwell Office, Monday to Friday at 19 Alexander Street, Bothwell ;
• Hamilton Office, Monday to Friday at 6 Tarleton Street, Hamilton; and
• The Tasmanian Planning Commission’s offices from 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday at Level 3, 144 Macquarie Street, Hobart.
The documents are available online and for download at https://www.planning.tas.gov.au/assessments-and-hearings/current-assessments-and-hearings/lps-chi-tps
The maps are also available via an online interactive mapping tool, enabling members of the public to search properties, see what the proposed zoning is and turn the overlay layers off and on, to see which codes apply. The TasMap and satellite photography layers can also be turn on and off, for locational information. The interactive mapping tool can be accessed at:
The Central Highlands Council will also provide three (3) community information “drop-in” sessions. The “drop-in” sessions provide a dedicated time and place for persons to speak directly with council Officers about the draft LPS. Sessions will be held at the following venues and times:
• Tuesday 14th September – Great Lake Community Centre, 55-57 Cider Gum Road, Miena – 3pm and 7.30pm.
• Wednesday 15th September – Hamilton Office, 6 Tarleton Street, Hamilton – 3pm to 7.30pm
• Thursday 16th September – Bothwell Office, 19 Alexander Street, Bothwell – 3pm to 7.30pm
Please email your representations to email@example.com or post to the Central Highlands Council, 19 Alexander Street, Bothwell 7030 by close of business on Friday 22 October 2021.
A full copy of the exhibition notice is available here “Exhibition Notice”