Food Safety Advice
- Important Information for Food Businesses
“FREE Online Safety Training”Central Highlands Council offers free online food safety training.This training helps to teach you what you need to do to keep food safe.
- It’s free.
- It’s easy to do.
- It takes about two hours to complete the whole course.
- You can do it in stages, but make sure you print off the results of each stage you do.
- It’s available in different languages.
- You get a certificate to show you’ve completed the course.This training is highly recommended for anyone working in a food business and can be accessed by clicking on the link below:
PDF’s for Download
- CHC Food Notification Letter
- Application for Registration/Renewal of a Food Business
- Application for Temporary Food Outlet
- Guidelines for Temporary Food Outlet
- Guidelines for Mobile Food Business
- Home Based Good Business Kit & Proposal Form
- Environmental Health Fee Schedule 2022-2023
“It is a legal requirement for all businesses selling food to notify the Council, even if they are selling only low risk or packaged food. There is no fee associated with this notification. Council will contact you to arrange registration should this be required for the type of food you are selling.”
For detailed information on food handling and safety and the compliant conduct of food businesses, contact Central Highlands Council Environmental Health Officer Beverley Armstrong on 6259 5503.