Bothwell Medical Centre
Patrick Street, Bothwell.
Ph: 6259 5520
Monday (alternate) 8.30am – 5pm
Tuesday 8.30am – 5pm
Wednesday 8.30am – 5pm
Thursday 8.30am – 5 pm
Friday (alternate) 8.30am – 5pm
Central Highlands Community Health
6286 Lyell Highway, Ouse.
Ph: 6122 2000
Monday to Friday: 8am – 4.30pm
excluding public holidays and weekends.
Rural Alive and Well
Rural Alive and Well Inc is a not for profit organisation delivering suicide prevention and community wellbeing services to the Central Highlands and other Tasmanian regions.
Rural Alive & Well Inc is also funded to provide a suicide prevention and community wellbeing service for Forest Workers, their families and associated businesses who have been impacted by recent changes to the Forest Industry within Tasmania.
The Right Place
Central Highlands Council is proud to be a member of The Right Place program.
The Right Place aims to better connect people with health and community services. It is a health literacy initiative, originating in the Huon Valley, which is assisting communities to enhance knowledge of available services and support access to local health and community services. The Right Place initiative aims to address the locally identified need for:
- Improved access to health and community services in the local area
- Improved coordination of the health and community services in the local area
- Improved health literacy of the community and member organisations
- Ensuring people are referred to the right service, in the right place at the right time
The locally identified needs will be addressed by:
- Improving service provider and community members’ knowledge of services
- Communication through providing direct information and support in an accessible way
- Building connection between services.