Central Highlands Interim Planning Scheme 2015 Public Exhibition
The Central Highlands Interim Planning Scheme 2015 was declared by the Minister for Planning on 28 October 2015 under section 30F of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 and came into operation on 28 October 2015. It relates to all of the Central Highlands local government area. It comprises the ordinance and plans which describe in detail the area to which the interim planning scheme applies. The interim planning scheme replaces the Central Highlands Planning Scheme 1998 which ceased to have effect on 28 October 2015.
The Central Highlands Interim Planning Scheme 2015 will be exhibited for public comment (representations) by Council from Saturday 7 November 2015 until Monday 21 December 2015. A copy of the interim planning scheme is available to view in a number of ways:
* on the State Government’s iplan website, where the scheme can be read through an ebook, or a PDF can be downloaded, at: www.iplan.tas.gov.au ;
* at either of the Council offices at 19 Alexander Street, Bothwell or 6 Tarleton Street, Hamilton;
* at the Tasmanian Planning Commission office, level 3, 144 Macquarie Street, Hobart.
Members of the public may also call in to any of the following ‘information drop-in sessions’:
* Great Lake Community Centre, Wednesday 2 December, 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
* Bothwell Council Offices, Wednesday 2 December, 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
* Hamilton Council Offices, Thursday 3 December, 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
Any person may make a representation to Council on the interim planning scheme during this period. There are several ways to make a representation:
* online through the State Government’s iplan website using the ‘Make a Submission” function, at: www.iplan.tas.gov.au ;
* by email to council at: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
* by general mail to council: 19 Alexander Street, Bothwell, TAS, 7030;
* hand delivered to either of Council’s offices at 19 Alexander Street, Bothwell or 6 Tarleton Street, Hamilton.
Enquiries can be directed to the Development & Environmental Services Office on 6259 5503 or email email@example.com
The Council has three months from the close of public exhibition to report to the Commission on the representations received and the operation of the interim planning scheme generally.